Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Alfresco Canopies, and] when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- The web server automatically collects standard information such as browser type, operating system, access times, etc.
- Any information that is collected indirectly is used by Alfresco Canopies only to monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic towards, and usage of the Alfresco Canopies websites and to develop the design and layout of the website.
- The information you provide is voluntarily, but if you disclose to us the personal information of any other, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
The Personal information that you submit to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified within this policy or on the relevant web pages of the website.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Administer and personalise our website and business for you.
- Enable you to use the services available on our website
- Collect payments from you where specified by us
- Ability to send you non-marketing communications
- The ability to send you emails that you have requested or that are automatically sent by an action you undertook on our website.
- The ability to send any email marketing or newsletter, only if you have requested it. (you can either unsubscribe from this or contact us at any time if you do not want to be sent these communications)
- The Ability to send you normal or marketing communications relating to our business, that may be of interest to you, this can be via post or any other technology that you the user has agreed to. (you can contact us at any time if you do not want to be sent these communications)
- We may provide third parties with analytical or statistical information about our website use or users. (These third parties will not be able to identify any individual from that data)
- Complete any enquirers made by your or any complaints you the user may have with our website.
- Prevent fraud and keep our website secure at all times.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Controlling your personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Alfresco Canopies or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- With the extent we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; or
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
This website contains hypertext links to external websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and does not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.